Tuesday 3 July 2012

If the rain comes they run and hide their heads...

Ah my boys, The Fab Four and one of the most influential songs they wrote, Rain. You listen to it and you hear just about every band since, from the Stones to The Stone Roses. I think Liam Gallagher would not exist without that song, have a listen my friends:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjDMZiuhbQ

Even the way John sings shine is how Liam pronounces it, shi-ine... Only Liam over does it of course, shi-ine-nah.


Anyhoo, even as I listen to it again, the last few weeks have been crap as far as the weather is concerned. I have, however, managed to work most days. On several days I have appeared at our back door thus...




...a bit muddy, like a Swamp Thing. Indeed, I could have played his double.


I refuse to complain. No, I really do, I'm sick of hearing people going on and on and on and on... about how wet it is. And then, blow me down we get a couple of sunny days and people say, "If it's not one thing it's the other, too hot innit?"


You know what, NO IT ISN'T! Imagine if we lived in a country that had real bad weather or lived in a tornado alley or something. We have a very temperate climate and we are lucky to get what we have. You wait, in a couple of weeks we'll be back to the bleeding drought...


Here are some pictures from the last two weeks:


Did some work at Rebecca's London home in St John's Wood. That's artificial grass and doesn't look too bad in this picture. A good day all round really, even if it did rain...
There's a pretty old wisteria here that they want to move to
Quainton. Not easy, but we'll give it a go

The conservatory. Nice place...


A rather wonderful dog rose (Rosa canina) that grows over a shrub I can't make out at Quainton. Astonishingly beautiful...

...and the bees like it too

Look what they done to my grass!
Oh dear, this once looked like this...

...but I have done a sort of fag packet idea with Rebecca and the builders
and the area will be rather beautiful in a few weeks. 

The wisteria I mentioned above will hopefully be planted where that old Christmas tree is sitting, leaning up against the wall in the middle of the picture.


Oh well, that's it for this time. Just to say I may have picked up another big garden this week just up the road from home. Fingers crossed...


Be happy - I'm trying...

3 comments:

  1. Here here Mr. Murray.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.
    Right on so many levels.
    (I used to live in hurricane land remember and there is nothing worse than that feeling when you're waiting for one of dem big boys to hit. Bleargh!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Comrade on so many more levels. I was pissed on from a great height all day today but do you hear me complaining? To quote McCauley Caulkin, "I don't think so..."

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swamp Thing looks like a cross between you and Benny Hill. Just saying.....x

    ReplyDelete